Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Beauty of Pro/Con Lists

As my friends and many of my classmates know, I LOVE to make list. I love to plan, organize and create any and all types of list. The easy way to do this is on paper and different color pens. My favorite pens to use are the Papermate flair pens. They come in wide variety of colors. They are bold and do not bleed through paper. I enjoy writing in my planner with these pens and making all kinds of list- such as to-do list, packing list, planning list, and pro/con list, any list you name it. Over these past weeks I have been making many pro/con list for both myself and my friends. Pro/con list are very useful for making decisions, such as college decisions. I thought I should share how I make my pro/con list.


As seen in the picture above, this pro/con list is specifically for making college decisions:
1. Choose the two things you want to compare- in this case two colleges.
2. In one color title the paper, make points you want to compare (size, cost, location, basic facts)
3. Then make titles for separate pro con list (such as certain programs, academics, student life)
4. Fill out the information using a different pen for each college. For pros use a + as a bullet point and for cons use a - as a bullet point.
5. Any information you cannot find online, contact your admissions counselor.
6. After completing your pro/con list read through and add all the pros and subtract all the cons.


As seen in the picture above, this pro/con list was also created for making a college decision but really could be used for anything:
1. Define the two things you are comparing, and title your list.
2. Use different color pens: a pro pen, a con pen, and a fact pen.
Or
1. Define the two things you are comparing, and title your list
2. Make a pro column and a con column.
3. Use as many different color pens and compare. For example in orange a pro for Quincy is the price, and still in orange a con for UMKC is how expensive it is.


Although a pro/con list is helpful in making decisions, you should ultimately chose what you think is best for yourself. Good luck on making your list! I hope making list will be as helpful to you as they are for me.

xoxoxox
 
Emily Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment